Instant Search with Google's Doodle Search Engine

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Google Doodle for First Day of School 2015 (Canada)

Sep 8, 2015



First Day of School 2015 (Canada)



School’s back in session! Happy first day to all of the students and teachers who are welcoming the start of a new school year. We talked to Doodler Olivia Huynh about today’s animated doodle to learn more.

How did you first start conceptualizing this Doodle?

I had a few ideas involving kids, dogs eating homework, and libraries. I thought the idea of a bunch of kids running into a classroom was the most fun though, and started sketching a couple ideas for it. The gag of the letters misspelling Google was the favorite.

What is your process for animating like?

This project was sort of interesting because I started by cutting the background and letters out of paper first, and then scanned them in to set up and animate. After that I animated it like I would if I were drawing it. The letters have a bit of squash and stretch, and the run cycles were drawn in afterwards. I really just wanted to hint at the feeling of something more handmade.

The colors are so vibrant. How did you choose them?

I knew from the start I wanted it to be really colorful, and reminiscent of classrooms for younger children. I went through a few variations, but felt this one did the best of balancing things out while not being too overwhelming.





Disclaimer:-

All images are taken from Google Doodles. 

THIS BLOG claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and you do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail me at mohinder.verma@aitcc.in with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pagination Widget

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks